Art of the Horse – Join Us
“Woodside Art of The Horse” is an equine art exhibition for all ages that celebrates the beauty and nobility of the horses in our lives.
Where: Woodside Town Hall (Adult & Youth Art)
- Who can apply? SUBMISSIONS are now closed.
- What can be submitted? Artwork must celebrate the horse and be the artist’s original design. It may be in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, pen and ink, graphic and charcoal, colored pencil, photography, sculpture, miniatures, or mixed media. No giclees or computer generated art. ART MUST BE INSURED to and from the exhibit and during the show. Insurance for YOUTH is optional. Artist retains copyright to her/his images. However, accepted images do become part of WHOA! archives and may be used in future art promotions or publicity.
- How many pieces can be submitted?Youth artists may submit a mixture of mediums for a maximum of three (3) entries per artist, but only one (1) piece per artist may be displayed due to space available if necessary.
- Are there limitations for the submissions? Sculpture not to exceed 60 lbs and must be able to fit on a pedestal. Pedestals must be provided by the artist. Framing is optional for youth 2D artwork. If work is framed, no sawtooth hangers are allowed. . Gallery wrap is acceptable providing the artwork extends and covers all sides of gallery wrap.
- Are there awards? All youth artists will receive a ribbon award, and will be entered into a raffle to win prizes such as tack, gift certificates for riding lessons, and more.
- Will the art be for sale? There will be no sales during the show, but you are free to sell privately afterwards. WHOA! receives no commission on private sales.
- Where should the art be delivered and picked-up? All art – youth and adult – can be delivered to town Hall Thursday Oct 10th, 3 to 6 PM or Friday , October 11th, 8am to 12 noon. All art must be picked up after the show on Friday evening or Saturday, Oct 12, 8am-12 noon. Artwork that does not comply with these provisions will, by necessity, become the property of WHOA! after 30 days and will be sold to benefit the mission of WHOA!
- I have more questions – who can I contact? Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the Woodside Art of the Horse Exhibit. Adult Submissions are now closed. Check back in 2020!