Day of the Horse
October 11-13, 2019
Friday, October 11
Opening Reception and Equestrian Art Show
Saturday, October 12
Progressive Trail Ride and After Party
Sunday, October 13
A Celebration for All
The Woodside Day of the Horse celebrates the unique equestrian heritage of Woodside and the extraordinary contribution horses make to the quality of life throughout San Mateo County. Made possible by a public-private partnership of Woodside-area Horse Owners Association (WHOA!), The Town of Woodside and our generous Sponsors and Volunteers.
Opening Reception and Art of the Horse Exhibit
Friday October 11, 2019
An evening of equestrian art, local wine, light hors d’oeuvres and live music kicks off this weekend of celebrating everything about horses in Woodside and the surrounding area.
Youth Art Show
October 11-13, 2019
Youth art will be exhibited Friday evening at Woodside Town Hall! All youth receive ribbons and the chance to win great prizes!
The exhibit includes original equestrian themed art created by Bay Area residents. They were selected from submission before the event.
There are two age categories – Youth under 18 and Adults 18+
Artwork must be the artist’s original design, and may be in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, pen and ink, graphic and charcoal, colored pencil, photography, sculpture, miniatures, or mixed media, as long as the artwork celebrates the horse.
Progressive Trail Ride
Saturday October 12, 2019
Enjoy the after-party at the Woodside Mounted Patrol Grounds with music, delicious food, and equestrian arena entertainment.
- The route will be “Take Your Own Line” within the time allowed and will encourage an efficient path to all stops.
- Riders may start at any point. The official route will use only town trails without gates.
- Stop locations will be annotated on the map with directions as needed and well-marked signs.
- Stops include both public and private horse-friendly locations, concentrating in the areas near central Woodside.
- All riders must pre-register, sign a liability release, and make a minimum donation per rider.
- You must bring your own horse.
- The ride is open to the public; all participants must be mounted on the trail ride.
- Boots and helmets are strongly advised.
- No stallions or dogs are permitted.
- Your “Ticket to ride” maps will be sent to you.
2995 Woodside Road, #400-466
Woodside, CA 94062
Checks should be payable to: Woodside Community Foundation- WHOA!
The Woodside Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3).
The theme for 2019 is Super Heroines and Heroes!
Horse and Riders dressed in the year’s theme will receive extra drawing tickets for chances to win great prizes. The drawing will be held at the After-party from 3:00pm-5:00pm at the Mounted Patrol Grounds.
Costumes reflecting the 2019 theme are encouraged, though any costumes are welcome and are optional!
- There is limited off-site overnight stabling and dry camping. There are no hookups available.
- First come/first serve after completed registration.
- If you need overnight accommodations, please note this request on your registration form.
- Reservations are made directly with the Horse Park at Woodside.
- Overnight stays are NOT allowed at the Mounted Patrol grounds.
For those trailering in for the event, directions are included for trailer parking in the rider packet.
- Trailer parking is available at the Mounted Patrol grounds from 9:00am Oct. 12, 2019.
- Volunteers will be onsite to assist you in parking.
- Trailer parking is for the day of the ride only. Overnight stays are NOT allowed at the Mounted Patrol grounds.
- Download the map for directions to Mounted Patrol.
After the ride, share stories and the camaraderie of your fellow riders at the Mounted Patrol Grounds. Enjoy:
- Equestrian arena entertainment
- Drawing for chances to win great prizes!
Sunday October 13, 2019
There’s equestrian fun and information for everyone in the family, with hands-on experiences for riders and those who have yet to mount a horse.
Admission to the horse fair is free and open to the public. Our generous sponsors underwrite all activities.
The Fair is located at the Woodside Town Hall, behind the Wells Fargo bank.
Woodside Town Hall
2955 Woodside Rd
Woodside CA 94062
So many ways for your children to enjoy and learn more about horses!
- pony rides
- ride a horse-drawn carriage
- see the Wells Fargo Stagecoach
- watching a blacksmith at work
- face painting
- take your picture with Super Girl!
- decorating horse cookies
- making equine art
- listening to a horse’s heartbeat
- educational and interactive booths
- visit the Woodside Community Museum
- Learn about horse organizations and riding programs for you and/or your children
- Visit the Woodside Community Museum
- Visit the BITS Booth and Get Back in the Saddle! Learn more about our program to get you back on a horse again!
- See the Wells Fargo stagecoach too!
Yes! We have live music each year. There is also Food and you can join the Town of Woodside for a carrot cake social.