Woodside-area Equestrian Merit Scholarship Online Application
The deadline for submission is April 30, 2022 by 3:00pm. Decisions will be made by mid May 2022.
The Mounted Patrol Foundation and the Woodside-area Horse Owners Association (WHOA!) are offering a$10,000 scholarship award to a local high school senior who has been accepted to and plans to attend a college, university or other continuing education program this fall. Applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Experience in equestrian activities
- Demonstrated academic achievement and community involvement
- Attend high school in San Mateo, Santa Clara or San Francisco Counties
- Financial need will be taken into consideration in the selection of the scholarship recipient.
- Agree to be identified as the winner in local press and share details of the application.
Instructions - please read carefully before applying
- Be sure you fullfill the stated requirements. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applications submitted via this online form will be accepted.
- Download and review the application PDF before completing online.
- You will be able to SAVE a partially completed application. You have 30 DAYS to return and complete. The link to SAVE is at the bottom of the form.
- For approval, your references included in the submission will be sent the application via email automatically after submission.
- Applicants under 18 years of age will need Parent/Guardian approval. The parent/guardian listed in the application will receive an email for approval.
- After submission, you will be directed to an online form for your online signature. This certifies your entry is true and accurate.
- Finalists will be contacted via email. Finalists will be required to provide transcripts showing their GPA, and prove need for financial aid by submitting a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or equivalent documentation.