Progressive Trail Ride!
Woodside Day of the Horse
Register to Ride Through the Town of Woodside, 10/14/23 | TBD
Historically, participants from all over California enjoy this legendary trail ride that gives riders a glimpse of rural America right in the heart of Silicon Valley.
The Ride Route
The official route is on the Woodside Town Trails and Ride Stops include both public and private horse-friendly locations, concentrating in the areas near central Woodside.
Your Participation Matters
Your participation and contributions through registration fees and additional donations support Woodside Day of the Horse and WHOA! projects in the community.
- The ride is open to the public; all participants must be mounted on the trail ride.
- Boots and helmets are strongly advised.
- You must bring your own horse.
- No stallions or dogs are permitted.
- The route will be “Take Your Own Line” within the time allowed and will encourage an efficient path to all stops.
- Riders may start at any point. The official route will use only town trails without gates.
- Stop locations will be annotated on the rider map with directions as needed and well-marked signs.
- Stops include both public and private horse-friendly locations, concentrating in the areas near central Woodside.
- Once your registration is complete, you will have a rider packet assigned to you. It will include:
- your rider number
- the rider map showing the route and ride stops
- safety and emergency instructions
- other rider information relative to the year registered
- Your rider packet will be available for pick up before the event and also at Mounted Patrol on event day.
Review the rider packet now. Included:
- Schedule of Events
- Rules, Safety Information on Costume Contest instructions
- Map of the area and directions to Mounted Patrol
- The Rider Map. You must pick this up on Friday Oct. 7 or At Mounted Patrol on event day. See the Rider Packet for times and more details.
- This ride is for experienced riders with their own horse or equid.
- NO Stallions allowed.
- All riders must pre-register, sign a liability release, and pay a fee per rider.
- A complete submission must include registration form, payment and signed waiver.
- Registration and payment online is preferred. Please complete your application below. REGISTER NOW
To Pay by Check:
Checks should be payable to: Woodside Community Foundation- WHOA!
The Woodside Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3)
WHOA! 2995 Woodside Road, #400-466
Woodside, CA 94062
- A registration fee is required to participate. The fees are:
- $50 – Register by September 20, 2022
- $75 – Register after September 20, 2022
- $100 – Register the Day of the Event. (at Mounted Patrol Grounds)
Parking will be available on event day only: Saturday October 8, 2022
Mounted Patrol Grounds
521 Kings Mountain Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062
Sorry, overnight parking is not available this year.
YES! The costume contest is back. All riders dressed with the 2022 theme will be judged.
When is the Judging?
This year, the ride stop volunteers will decide! So, get to as many ride stops as you can to have the best chance of pulling in a prize.
What are the prizes?
The winners will be announced at the After Party at the Mounted Patrol at 4:00pm. Prizes are still in the works, but they’ll be worth it…Winners must be present to win!
Rider Registration Form
Online Registration for the 2022 Ride is now closed. Thank you and check back in 2023!!